The offline building feature allows the user to export the building outline and floor plans from Neon Command and upload it to the Android device without using the cloud service. You must have the feature enabled on in your subscription to prevent the building from syncing with the cloud.
If you would like to enable this feature in your subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following instructions show how to use this feature.
- Click on Tools > Create Building and sketch out the building outline. Add floors and floor plans. All of this will remain local on your machine. When you are done, click on the save button, and you will be asked whether you want to make this building private or offline. Select offline. An offline building is outlined in red and everything associated with that building will remain local to your computer.
- Once you have created your building, select it and export it to a .maps file with File -> Export -> Default Mapping Package (Selected Building).
- Now plug in your Android via USB and go to the top level directory for your phone. You should see folders such as "Downloads" and "DCIM". Create a folder called "TRXMaps" and copy the .maps file you created inside it. Then start up Signal Mapper - you may see a brief "Importing Maps" dialog and then your offline building should be loaded.
- Walk around to collect signal map data.
- When your signal mapping is complete, use the "Store Map Locally" option. This will save your .sigmap in the following folder: \NeonSignalMaps
- Manually transfer the .sigmap files to your PC and open them in NEON with File -> Open -> File.
** Note: If you log out of your account, the offline building will be deleted from NEON Command. You can restore the building by importing the .maps file. File > Import > Mapping Data