Registration & Installation (PC)
1. Activate NEON. You will receive an email with the subject line "Welcome to NEON!" from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the "Activate NEON" button. You will be redirected to the NEON activation website.
- If you have an activation code go to https://neon.trxsystems.com/account/activate
- Enter your Company Name then click the "Activate" button.
2. Create a NEON Account.
- Enter your email address and a password, then click "Sign Up".
- Alternatively, you may click on "Sign in with Google" if you are using a Gmail address.
3. Verify your NEON account. You will receive an email with the subject line "NEON Email Address Verification" from email@example.com.
- Click on the "Verify Email Address" button.
4. Log in to your NEON account by clicking on the "Login Now" link or by navigating to https://neon.trxsystems.com
- You can invite additional users to your NEON Account by clicking on your company name then the "Invite New User" button.
5. Download the NEON Command software from the "Downloads" tab on the customer portal site.
- Your web browser may warn you that this file is unsafe.
6. Install NEON Command by following the installation wizard. Click finish to complete the installation.
Windows might ask you if you want to allow the installation. If it does, select run anyway.
- "Start NEON Command" will be selected by default.
- If the installation is successful the NEON Command window will appear showing the map.
7. Sign in by clicking on the red circle in the upper right corner.
- Log in to the NEON account that you just created.
- Now you should see a green circle and your email address in the upper right corner.
Site Planning (PC)
1. Open the NEON Command software and center on the building that you want to map.
- Click on the search icon located on the top left corner of the map.
- When a text input box appears, enter the address where you want to map signals. Press enter.
- If successful the map will be centered on the given location.
- Use mouse gestures to zoom and move the map.
2. Create a simple building outline.
- Click on the "Building Editor" tab in the top bar and select Create Outline".
- Click on the map to set vertices of the building outline.
- Press enter when done or select "End Outline Creation".
- You can right click on the building then select Building Outline -> Edit to access the building editor tools.
- Press the Esc key to close the building editor tools when you are finished.
3. Add floors to your building outline. Floors can be added from the Building Details menu.
- Click on the arrows to add floors above and below ground.
- Select a floor height (standard, large) for each floor.
- You can set the label of each floor.
- Click "Ok" to exit the Building Details menu when you are finished.
4. Add floor plans to your building outline.
- Select the floor that you want to attach a floor plan to, and then click on the "Floor Plan" button.
- Select a .png or .jpg image from the file selector.
- Right-click on the floor plan then select Floorplan -> Edit to access the floor plan editor tools. The translate, scale, rotate tool will be selected by default.
- Click and drag the green circle to rotate the floor plan image.
- Click and drag a purple circle on the corner of the floor plan to scale the image.
- Press the Esc key to close the floor plan tools.
5. Click on the End Edit button then click on "Yes" in the following pop-up to save your changes.
- If you are signed in, the building model will be saved to your NEON account on the cloud.
6. (Optional) Add References.
- Expand the References Sidebar on the left then click on "Add".
- Select the type and enter the reference's ID.
- Place references at choke points such as doors, building entrances, stairs, and elevators.
- Drag and drop the reference from the sidebar onto the map.
Installation for NEON Mapper (Android)
1. Open a web browser on the Android device and navigate to: https://neon.trxsystems.com/
2. Log in to your NEON account to access the downloads page.
- You should see a page with the current version and the previous version available for download.
3. Download NEON Mapper app by pressing on the "NEON Personnel Tracker" button.
- NEON Mapper installs automatically when you install Neon Personnel Tracker.
- Your web browser may warn you that this file is unsafe.
4. Install NEON Personnel Tracker by clicking on the file from the drop down notification bar.
- You can also install the app from the downloads folder on the Android device.
On Site Mapping (Android)
1. Turn on the Tracking Unit by pressing the power button
- A green LED will start blinking on the Tracking Unit.
2. Open the NEON Mapper app on the Android device.
3. Log in with your NEON account when prompted to sign in.
4. Pair the Tracking Unit and the phone by touching the TRX Logo on the Tracking Unit to your NFC-enabled Android device.
- You may have to move the Tracking Unit around to align its NFC tag with the phone's NFC tag.
5. Accept the pairing request if prompted.
- The LED will blink blue when it is paired and connected to NEON Mapper.
6. Attach the Tracking Unit to your waist using the belt clip.
7. Find the building that you want to map:
- Press the search icon in the top bar. An input text field will appear.
- Enter the address of the building that you want to map.
- The building outline created using the NEON Command software should appear on the map.
- If the building does not appear, press the synchronize button.
8. Select your building by long pressing it.
- The building will turn white and the floor plans should appear when the building is selected.
9. Select the floor that you are currently on using the floor selector on the left of the screen.
10. Check-in at your current location.
- Press the "check-in" icon and then move the map to place the green marker at your current location.
- Press the check mark in the upper right corner to complete the check-in.
11. Walk straight at least 10 meters and perform another check-in to get a heading lock.
- Repeat this step until all the location indicators are green. See the location indicator graphic at the end of this guide.
12. Press "Start Now" when you are ready to collect data.
13. Walk through areas where you want to collect data.
- While you are mapping a timer will be displayed.
- If any of your location indicators turn red, the phone will vibrate and you will stop taking signal mapping data. Check-in until the indicators turn green and you will resume collecting feature map data.
14. Press the stop icon when you are finished.
15. Press "Upload" and name your feature map file.
- A cloud icon with an arrow pointing up will appear with the file is uploading to the cloud. If successful, the cloud icon will disappear.
- The .featmap file will be saved to the phone's memory at: /phone/Android/data/com.trx.neon.locationservice/files
- You can retrieve the file manually and then load it into NEON Command from the "Open" -> "Open from file" option.
Validate Feature Map (PC)
1. Open the NEON Command application.
2. Open a feature map by clicking on Feature Mapping -> Open -> Open from Cloud.
3. Verify that all of the features that you tracked show up in your feature map.
- Some features might not show up in your feature map if your location was not good enough.
- Run NEON Mapper again to map a missed feature.