The instructions below outline how to use the Grid Testing Feature using BLE measurements. Grid testing can also be performed with WiFi, LTE, DAQ, and third party signals.
- Start up NEON Signal Mapper and log in. Connect a Tracking Unit.
- In the settings menu, set the Filter Type to BLE.
- Enable grid testing and set the 'Pass / Fail Threshold (dBm)' and 'Measurements Required in Grid (dBm)'.
- Initialize your location by checking in twice with about 10 meters in between each check in.
- Walk through each grid. NEON will automatically calculate and display pass (green) / fail (red) / no data ( white) / not enough data (gray) status in each grid.
- Press the stop button to upload the log.
- Navigate to Edit > Preferences and select the 'Signal Mapper' tab, then enable 'Grid Testing'. Set the grid testing options as desired.
- Open the signal map log by clicking on File > Open.
- From the Signal Map Sidebar, select the BLE signal type.
- Select signals and generate map.
- Click on a grid to view stats.
- Generate a grid testing report.
- View the grid testing report.