- You have created a NEON account
- You have downloaded and installed NEON Mapper
- You have paired and connected to your Tracking Unit
You Will Learn:
- How to initialize your location and Start Mapping
- How to map a discovered feature
- How to map an existing feature
- How to deal with a floor notification
- How to map a beacon
- How to validate your map
- How to upload your map
Initialize Your Location and Start Mapping:
- Open the NEON Mapper app on the Android device and turn on the Tracking Unit.
- If you have already paired to your Tracking Unit once, it will automatically reconnect.
- The red circle disappears when the Tracking Unit is connected.
- If the Tracking Unit does not connect, follow this troubleshooting guide.
- Attach the Tracking Unit to your waist using the belt clip.
- Find the building that you want to map:
- Press the search icon in the top bar. An input text field will appear.
- Enter the address of the building that you want to map.
- The building that you created in NEON Command will appear on the map.
- If the building does not appear, press the synchronize button.
- Select the building by long pressing it.
- The building will turn white and the floor plans will appear.
- Select the floor that you are currently on using the floor selector on the left of the screen.
- Check-in at your current location. You may need to walk to an easily identifiable location such as the end of a hallway or a doorway if you are unable to precisely find your true location on the floor plan.
- Press the check-in icon
- Move the map to place the green marker at your current location. Zoom in.
- Press the green checkmark button to complete the check-in.
- Your location estimate and error bounds will update.
- Walk straight at least 10 meters and perform another check-in.
- It is expected that your location estimate will move in a random direction.
- Repeat this step until the Nav Lock Indicator displays a four-bar lock.
- Press the green play button to begin recording features.
- Gray dots will appear on the screen to show where you have walked.
Map Discovered and Existing Features:
- Walk a feature.
- Once you exit the feature and walk about five meters, a feature notification will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the feature notification.
- If the feature was added in NEON Command select from the available options.
- If the feature was not added in NEON Command select "Discard" or "Place"
- If you selected "PLACE NEW", you can now move the feature using the control points and the rotate bar and tap the select button.
- If you selected "SELECT EXISTING", you can now select an existing feature by tapping on it.
- When you move to a new floor, you will see a floor notification at the bottom of the screen.
- Stop walking and tap the floor icon.
- Select the floor that you are actually on and press "OK". You may need to select a different floor using the drop down menu.
Map a Beacon:
- Place the beacon ahead of time using double-sided tape.
- Walk up to the beacon and open the bottom tray.
- Press the "Place a Beacon" button.
- Wait for the beacon list to populate.
- Select the beacon with the correct ID.
- Move the pin into the correct place.
- Press the check button to place it.
Validate Your Map:
- Once you walk all of your features you can validate them to ensure you are getting corrected to them.
- Press the stop button.
- Select Validate Map.
- Walk around beacons and features.
- Beacon and features will display a red circle when you are actively getting corrections from them.
Upload Your Map:
- Once you have completed validating your map you can submit the feature map to the cloud where it will be merged with all other feature maps for that building.
- Press the stop button.
- Press the upload button.
- (Optional) Press the check mark at the bottom to submit your .nav log.